This is a West Sussex Fun Run League fixture but open to all. Organised in conjunction with Henfield Leisure Centre it features a 1 mile race at 10:15 and the main 4 mile race at 11:00. The main race numbers are restricted to 500 so please apply early.
New for 2018
- Learning from last years toilet queues we will have additional portable toilet facilities this year
- Registration/Late Entries administration has been reviewed and will be upgraded, including a separate ‘Club Entries’ desk in order to improve efficiency and relieve congestion
- A new access road is being built in July with additional parking behind the Leisure Centre. This will still be under construction on race day. The Start/Finish area routing for the main race will need to be changed in line with the impact this has on the existing route out of the playing field, and in accordance with any safety concerns. For obvious reasons (meaning that the exact disruption isn’t known until they start construction!) this will be done close to the day and will be clearly marked. The rest of the route will be unaffected
- At the same time major construction work to build a new reception area at the front of the Leisure Centre is taking place
- The Junior route of previous years is completely impossible now therefore will also be diverted and as such will be partly a new route. Again this will be clearly signed and closely marshalled
The 4 mile route is a mostly flat off road run along trails that run via the Downslink and beside the Adur River, starting and finishing at Henfield Leisure Centre
A feature of this event is that we will issue a medal to all finishers of BOTH races – we like medals and we know that you do too!
Also – cake and refreshments will be on sale within the Leisure Centre this year – we know you like cake too!
For an application form please click here: Seven stiles entry form 2018
Car Parking – Please Note
Parking will be strictly limited at Henfield Leisure Centre due to inconvenience to local residents on the day. Those of you who have attended this event before will know just how congested the approach road and Leisure Centre car park can be, and complaints have been received in the past that mean we need to take extra care to avoid congestion and inconsiderate parking. Unless you arrive early there is no point heading to the Leisure Centre which is used by people attending classes and the ever popular Sharkeys play area and we urge you to use the plentiful parking in the other village car parks
Please park in the main village car parks (Budgen and the Library) where there is lots of space. When the Leisure Centre car park is full cars will be redirected by marshals to use one of the other car parks, before reaching Northcroft itself, which is a major pinch point. Below is a map which shows the location of the other car parks in Henfield which we urge all visitors to use.
If you do park anywhere other than an official car park please do so with consideration for others.