Dear club secretary,
I work for The Grounded Events Company, organisers of the Brighton Marathon and would like to send you a quick reminder that the Iconiq
Shlurp! Mini Mile Races for young runners age 7-17 are once again taking place as a curtain raiser to the Brighton Marathon on Sunday 14th April 2013. We launched the event on 9th January and received fantastic coverage in both The Argus and Athletics Weekly
I would greatly appreciate it if you and your running club could help me to ensure that details of the event reach both existing junior runners and potential new runners – by spreading the word either directly, via junior coaches or via senior club runners who may be parents.
- Open to all 7-17 year olds
- Races will be split by gender and age category – U18/U15/U13/U11
- All races will be chip timed with a podium presentation for winners of each race
- One mile course, accurately measured by AIMS
- All entrants will receive a T-shirt, Goody Bag and Medal
- Commonwealth medalist Steph Twell will be joining us on race day as the official starter
- The races will be filmed and played on the big screen throughout the day
- To enter please visit: http://www.brightonmarathon.co.uk/minimile/
- Only 2000 places available, sign up now do not miss out!
- Course records: Male 4:18 Female 5:32